Todd's Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

His Image by Todd Pierce

One of the most inspiring experiences in my life is being a father. It is an experience that brings my greatest moments of joy and arouses some of my fiercest anger. It makes me glad to be alive and causes me to dream bigger. It can frustrate me to the point of tears and cause me to want to be more than I am. You could say that it brings me into new realms of the human experience, but it also makes my spirit see our Father with an ever increasing level of wonder. I watch as my boys are becoming young men and I see how they are becoming more like me. They walk like me, pray like me, spit like me and look like me. They rarely act like me on purpose, it just happens. My character and disposition just rubs off on them because we spend so much time together and because I am their father. They hear me and it moves them like no other voice. My words mean more to them than any other. I find myself wondering if our Father is rubbing off on me like this. So many hours of the day, I lose consciousness of Him, but He is still here. What an amazing reality. My prayer for you and me for 2012 is that we will hear His voice as well as my boys hear mine, that His character will be increasingly imparted to us and that we will see what He sees and hear what He hears.

In service of the King,


Todd Pierce

www.ridinghighministries.org

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
content decoration