Todd's Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

"Let it go!" by Todd Pierce

Philippians 3:12-14 says "Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected, but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended, but one thing I do - forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

For the past several years, I have used this passage to recalibrate my direction in life. I believe it is a principle that we should apply on a continual basis. But I also believe that at the beginning of the new year, we should especially consider what this looks like. When I read chapter three, I hear the heart of Paul as a man who knows his own human weakness, but has such a revelation of the Kingdom, that he pleads us to keep moving forward. Paul, as a man, needs to fight the tendency to look at past fears and failures and successes. Although we are told to reflect on the promises and faithfulness of our Father, we are not to allow our past to dictate our future. My prayer for everyone who reads this is that you will get a revelation on this truth.

I have stressed the importance of forgiveness many times, but I want to ask you to apply it to this season. When you forgive, you release. In order for you to take hold of what 2012 holds for you, you must let go of things that are in your past. The Holy Spirit is showing you things that are weighing you down, things that you need to release. Some of it is bad circumstances and relationships, but some of it may be great blessings you need to release. We are created to have blessings flow through us, not to contain them. So I say, "Let it go!" Whatever is on your heart right now, let it go. Get in the habit of quieting yourself before our Father and have his Spirit search your heart and show you what you need to release so you can move forward. Give it away. Whether it is guilt, money, shame, encouragement, anger, wisdom, bitterness or gifting. If it is a weight, release it to Jesus and thank him for new beginnings. If it is something He has given you, thank Him for the gift and look for how you can use it to serve someone. This is a new year so get in the present. Anticipate the great things our Father is going to trust you with and walk in wisdom on how to use it to build others up. I am excited to be a part of your life this year and look forward to all that we can share in.

In service of the King, Todd Pierce

www.ridinghighministries.org

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
content decoration