Todd's Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

You Are Not Alone by Todd Pierce

I Kings 19:10

So he said, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God of hosts; for the children of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I alone am left; and they seek to take my life.”

When you come to realize that your Father is God, you live life differently. Not only do you have the best Father, but He has kids all over the planet that He is speaking to about you. Just as He is raising you to be more like Him and preparing you to impact more people, He is doing the same in others so they can serve you. As a child of God, you live in a mindset that you are the one to give to others and you live to serve them. Most of the time, we don't really think about it, its just what we do. The world is so full of needy people that if you are a giver, there is plenty of takers. So you just get in the habit of getting from your Father and giving to people. But, sometimes a huge gift is being prepared for you as our Father is speaking to someone else and preparing them to serve you. I had such an encounter on this last trip through California. As most of you heard, we had many opportunities to grow in character as we had wrecked vehicles, a flooded house, betrayal from a friend, sick dogs, broken kid, broken bikes, sick teenager, two emergency room visits and a wild cowboy preacher with road rage. But in every instance, our Father showed how family works. I won't take the time to explain them all, but I want to share this one with you.

This past Sunday, right after the event was over, I was walking out of the coliseum when I got a call from my broken 11-year old in the motor home. He called to let me know that he had a lot of pain in his shoulder, a 104 fever and swelling. I told Dr. Tandy Freeman about the symptoms and he advised us to take him back to the emergency room. He said it may be a possible infection. Even though we had a 12-hour drive ahead of us and 14 hours to get it done, we headed to U.C. Davis Medical Center. After about a three-hour wait, the doctor finally got to us. This is the cool part. The doctor and her intern both walked in with great big smiles and the presence of Jesus was all over them. We quickly discovered that they were both Christians and they offered to pray for us. Not only were we shocked to have family members in the medical field, but they were the kind that actually believe in the power of prayer. After prayer and a bit of great conversation, the intern explained that he had just been through three years of "The School of Ministry" at the same church that we have been connecting with for the past couple of years. It's a small world! This would just simply be a cool story if it wasn't for the timing. At that point, I was discouraged and a bit beat up. I guess you could say I was having a moment of feeling sorry for myself. I needed to be reminded that I am a part of a much bigger plan and a much bigger family. I needed to see that our Father is raising up a generation of Kings and Priests who will be about His business. His Kingdom will come and His will, will be done. My encouragement to you is to do your part and know that you are not alone. Our Father has got your back!

Isaiah 9:6 declares:

"For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given
And the government will be upon His shoulder
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of His government and peace
There will be no end!"

In service of the King,

Todd Pierce
www.ridinghighministries.org

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
content decoration