Todd's Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Give Me Your Eyes to See by Todd Pierce

For years now, I have asked our Father to help me see people the way He sees them. I want to be a man who has His heart. One who loves what He loves and hates what He hates. I am not sure how close I am to realizing what this can be like, but I do know that I can see clearer now than ever why He hates sin and empowers love. The pictures you see attached are children I met while in Guatemala. I saw in their eyes what sin has done to them. Physical poverty and sickness is bad enough, but when someone is hopeless and sin is all they can see, devastation is inevitable. It broke my heart to see children who were turned away from the feeding center because there wasn't enough food, but I wept over the reality that these children have never tasted nor seen how good the Lord is. They were not given the chance to hear the Gospel and receive the ancient Truth that could rescue their generation. I am certain that our Father hates people starving to death, but I want to encourage you to see deeper than that. If you give a man a fish, he eats for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime. If a man gains the Holy Spirit, he will eat forever. I am still sorting through the emotions I have over what I saw in Guatemala and know that it will forever change me. But for now, I want to encourage you to join me in this beautiful adventure of knowing our Father's heart. You are surrounded by suffering people, all you need to do is learn to see. Watch this video and consider the invitation to join our Father's rescue mission to those who are starving. You are powerful and have been trusted to steward so much. Please use it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGr8as7pPBE

In service of the King,

Todd Pierce
www.ridinghighministries.org

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
content decoration